Computers for individuals

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Back to Message Board - Home ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Ulysses Harrison on January 13, 2004 at 13:32:27:

In Reply to: Where to find free computers for individuals, schools, and communities posted by D. Gerard on October 12, 2003 at 20:27:27:

I am a disabled individual, trying to obtainb a free computer, so I have attempted to apply to the appropriate sites above. Sharetechnology accepted my application and, although the individuals to whom I applied have not responded, sharetech did acknowledge receiving my application and that they would keep it on file for matching up with a donor. However, I was extremely disappointed by the following: The Beaumont Foundation of America, to which I replied in December of 2003, just after
christmas, as soon as I found out about it, did not accept any applications from certain states, including New York and is not accepting any from individuals at all in 2004. The Jim Mullen Foundation allows you to download an application, after first downloading Acrobat Reader, both of which I did, but requires a $35 application fee from non-members and it costs $95 for a membership, neither of which I have, or I would not be applying to them. I also applied to Givetech and it cost me nothing so far, but they replied in such a way as I am not even sure if they received my aplication, so I just re-applied. My comment is: Where can an individual with disabilities and no money apply that the people or organization really want to help and not make things more difficult than they already are? This entire message ( and all things , for that matter) was typed on a friend's computer; and that is not always possible, as this friend is in a different state and I cannot always use her computer, either.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Back to Message Board - Home ] [ FAQ ]